Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Before and After Photos, Month 3 and Report

Before and After Photo May 2013
We've reached the beginning of May and thus, another exciting chapter of looking at pictures of a rapidly aging man. Nope, not the six-pack abs of youth here! What we have is a roly-poly jelly belly that shrinks much too slowly for the effort expended. And this month, looking at the difference, I'm just not overwhelmed with pride and joy at the accomplishments after three months of Kettlebell training and reduced calorie food consumption.

Before and After Photo April 2013
For comparison I re-posted last month's photo set too and recall that I did some minor gut sucking last month that improved the appearance of results. The angle at which I stood and the lighting differs as well with the result that, photographically, last month appears to present a better comparison than this month's comparison in the belly. Weight wise, I'm only a measly 3 lbs lighter, but I have been consistent in getting my exercise so I know underneath, the current muscle tone is better than shows in the photos. Therefore, I learn a lesson: photos don't show all.

I am currently up to 18 exercises on my Mon-Wed-Fri strength KB days. The list of exercises are:
  • Two single-arm KB swings
  • Two around the worlds
  • Two KB rows
  • Two KB Halos
  • Two KB Squats
  • Two shoulder presses (Depending on energy level, lifting either 30 lb KB or 20 lb barbell)
  • Two sets of crunches holding 20 lb barbell
  • Two BB windmills
  • Two side lifts (need to find a better name)
I follow this up with 40 to 60 KB swings depending on available time and energy. I'll write more soon about observations of where I stand with this regimen physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment