Thursday, May 9, 2013

Counting through the morning

Cluster of Seven Lavender Blooms
This morning I counted my way through the morning and realized I do this quite often since I started my mindful exercise and health regimen. Some of the counting is simply watching the clock to make sure I get to work on time, but a lot of the counting is just that - counting, 1, 2, 3, etc.

For example I perform Kettlebell Thursday training by repeating some number of KB swings and some number of Turkish Get Ups. I decided for change of pace sake to mix it up today and thus I performed (counted) 100 KB swings (switching hands each swing) then I did 2 TGUs, then I counted 50 KB swings, 1 TGU, and finally 50 KB swings and the last TGU. Great workout that even now left my body in a glowing healthy state!

But the counting didn't stop there because after shaving and showering, I mindfully brushed my teeth 4 times around the inside and 4 times around the outside, and last, but not least swished mouthwash for a 30 count. I continued another minor count by preparing lunch of 1 tomato, 1 pickle, 2 apples, 2 teaspoons of salad dressing, and 1 package of tuna to make a tuna salad. Light calorie count lunch to go with the counting exercise regimen.

Even though I use a timer to manage my Mon-Wed-Fri Kettlebell strength sessions, I count how many reps I perform of each exercise during the 25 second workout (per session.) So it seems, with Kettlebell training I choose to track exercises by counting even when it's not necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment