Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bustin' Sod for exercise

In the spirit of improvising a solution, I clamped my cellphone to a fence post in order to record video of my using the broadfork to prepare a section of my garden and posted the results to youtube last night. I figured I'd embed it here in this fitness blog to demonstrate how gardening can be a beneficial form of exercise. I was thinking about what gym exercises or equipment I'm replicating through the use of the broadfork and some ideas were step stools, rowing machine, and jump rope (sort of). There's some aspect of balance there too when pushing the tines into the soil, but I don't know of balance equipment except a balance bar, which is static unlike the broadfork.



Yesterday was the first day since I got the kettlebell that I didn't perform any sort of exercise. I got up at 5 a.m. to prepare for a very important day-long meeting so even poor Penny didn't get her walk. I always feel guilty when I don't take her for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment