Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Overcoming Travel Exercise Interruptions

Family Fun - Building a Firepit
This week and next week I'll be travelling with overnight hotel stays. There's two aspects to this that impact my current fitness tracking - the lack of being able to weigh myself and not having my comfortable home dog walking and Kettlebell exercise regimen. For the former, even if I found a scale with which to weigh myself, the data point obtained may not be consistent with  the scale I use at home due to potential inaccuracies between scales. If I can find a scale though, I will weigh myself.

For the exercise aspect, I am reasonably certain that most hotels these days provide fitness rooms. The issue there for me is overcoming a mild dread in having to work out in an unfamiliar local. The travel involves a rather stressful situation where I will be speaking to a lot of people I don't know and to get to exercise early in the morning I will need to put aside the worry for the upcoming day. To do so, I will need to prepare everything I need the prior evening so as to not have an excuse to not exercise. As I write this my intention is to get the exercise I need while traveling. I'll report on my success later.

Today while executing 150 KB swings, I noticed a tiny twinge of pain in my left shoulder. It repeated during the Turkish Get Ups, but the pain wasn't severe enough to stop. I need to be mindful of that area to see if there is a repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment