Sunday, April 21, 2013

Posting Hiatus Ends (for now)

Landscaping Weekend Workout, Part 2
The last few days I've been working on a new project at work that involved a lot of extra hours, the result of which I haven't posted to this blog for a few days. I don't intend to make it up, but I will provide a report on my progress on the exercise and weight front.

The photo above shows the Saturday workout, where I again moved about a ton of stone in order to choose the pieces that allowed me to complete the walkway. It's not a work of perfection, but it beats the packed dirt or mud that we walked on before. I have noticed that a big benefit of the Kettlebell strength workout is that a day of moving a ton of stone only results in soreness for that day. By Sunday I wasn't sore at all. Last year if I had done this amount of work I would have been sore for at least two, even up to four days after the activity.

Last week I only performed the Kettlebell strength session on Monday and Wednesday. Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday I skipped the workout due to varying excuses, some valid (like Friday going in to work at 06:30 to get a lipid screen at the health center) but most just convenient yielding to a lazy streak. Next week I vow to get back to the full five day Kettlebell regimen. (Three days strength, two days swings and Turkish Get Ups.)

On the weight front, I have reached 180 lbs three times last week and this week, but bounce back up during the week. I really wish to break the 180 lb barrier and start the descent to 175 that's my goal for July 4th. I haven't been counting calories specifically since Melissa's visit and I know, mentally, that I have been indulging in too many calories of late. It hasn't resulted in weight gain as yet, but I need to hunker down and get back on track to loosing the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment