Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wastefully Removing Temptation!

Cowboy Boot!

Yesterday I took out the garbage. On the way I stopped at the freezer to remove the remaining half gallon of delicious vanilla-pecan ice cream and toss it out with the garbage. I tossed the cream because the last five days I raided that tub to obtain one tablespoon of ice cream. I justified the indulgence because I only got "one spoon" of ice cream. However, the last two days I loaded that "one spoon" with almost half a cup of ice cream. By throwing away (what waste!) that tub, I removed the temptation to indulge and helped remind myself that I must get back to the sugar (and calorie) reduction diet I've successfully worked with for the last three months.

Frankly, this is not the first time I have thrown away part of a tub of ice cream. In addition to discarding ice cream, I have also given "excess" beer to my brother. We always have too much food and beer around the house and when I realize I'm indulging too much, I find ways to remove the temptation. Funny that I don't throw beer away but discard ice cream. An external observer may deduce that I retain an intrinsically higher value for beer than for ice cream.

This morning I performed my first Turkish Get Ups since Melissa's arrival over two weeks ago. After swinging the Kettlebell 250 times I grabbed the 20 lb barbell and managed three full TGUs on each side with all "strong man" version on the right side and 2 of 3 "strong man" on the left side. My weight remains high but I continue to blame my still sore muscles from Sunday's post hole digging. I figure another couple of sore muscle higher weight days remain.

I posted the boot picture because I don't have a garbage or ice cream photo in my library. But the boot looked cool, so there it is! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment