Monday, March 18, 2013

Camping Fun Equals Eating Excess

Sundown Ribs and Beans
The weekend of camping and drilling on Gruene Weide this weekend lead to eating food such as the ribs and beans pictured above and other "manly" fare to the detriment of my goal of eating light and loosing weight this year. Fortunately, I don't indulge in many weekends like this.

I consumed over the weekend, starting Friday evening, a rib-eye steak accompanied by potatoes sliced, cooked with bacon, peppers and onions and accompanied with three beers spread over the evening. Saturday breakfast consisted of two to three scrambled eggs with sausage, peppers and onions folded in. We ate two bratwurst rolls with mustard for lunch.

We ate the ribs and beans for dinner and I drank another three beers, again spread over several hours. I cooked bacon, sausage and two fried eggs for breakfast and for lunch we bought and ate 3 pieces of dark meat fried chicken while on a fuel run for the compressor.

In the time lapse video embedded below of some of Sunday's morning drilling work, you can see that we're moving and working, but I've certainly worked harder, for example, when digging the garden. I wonder how many of the excess calories were consumed by the fact we worked 9 to 10 hours each day, including activities like gathering firewood. Time will tell.




Friday morning I weighed in at 181.5 lbs - the best this year. This morning I weighed 184 lbs so I have work to do to get back on track after the weekend of campout feasting. To add insult to injury, I have to leave in a few minutes to return the compressor so I won't get an exercise session in this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment