Friday, March 15, 2013

Rearranging Wardrobe

Sun Splashed Roofs and Rainbow, walking through neighborhood in Speyer Germany
Have you noticed you look better in clothes than out of them? I do anyway. I look a lot better since I've lost weight and improved my definition through Kettlebell training, but nice fitting clothes still hide a lot of defects that exist in my physique. In particular, though my tummy and love handles have shrunk considerably, they're a lot less visible hidden under nice fitting and nicely cut clothes.

This past week, as I was looking for a pair of dockers to wear, I kept stumbling across 38 inch waist trousers, which was what fit in December. Now they look increasingly baggy and the 36 inch waist trousers fit quite comfortably. I had moved all the 36ers out of the way late last year because they just pinched too tightly. So Wednesday, I had the joy of moving all the 38ers to the side. I learned though that I am short of 36 inch waist dockers so I need to go shopping.

Back in 2006 when I lost 40 lbs, I actually fit and bought two pairs of 34 inch waist pants. However, that was briefly lived as they got too tight too quickly and I ended up giving them to our usual clothing charity, Texas Paralyzed Veterans. As a veteran, I am honored to be able to support a worthy veteran's cause by donating clothes and other items they can use for the cause.

I took the day off to prepare for the weekend of camping and drilling out on our ranch, Die Manchmal Gruene Weide. My brother and I will spend all day Saturday and Sunday drilling a water well I started working on almost two years ago. It is a two person job and I seldom have the second person to help on weekends. By my calculations, we should drill below the water table this weekend which would be an exciting thing. We won't be able to tell though because we have to add water to operate the drill. There's a good bit of arm strength and endurance required so there's some exercise aspect to the work.

Because I'll be off the net, there won't be a new post until Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment