Tuesday, March 26, 2013

What Makes You Angry?

Spring Flowers Adorn Fence
This morning I got totally frustrated with my iMac - HTC DNA file transfer capabilities. Frustrated to the point of getting quite grouchy. My last HTC phone, an Incredible, just plugged into my iMac and popped up a query if I wanted to attach as disk. But the HTC software team decided to disable direct access of the drive and provided an application to transfer files from device to to device. The problem is, it doesn't work on an iMac. I have found several work-arounds but they all failed to work this morning adding to my anger at not being able to perform such a benign task as transferring these photos from phone to iMac.


Melissa and Christian Bluebonnet Pose
 Thus I write this blog and reflect being mindful of what makes me angry. What are the things that trigger angry responses? Well, as you can see, technology that doesn't function seamlessly often raises my ire. In general, I don't get angry very often and think my trigger point is pretty high. Inge's trigger point is a bit lower and is usually related to people not behaving as she expects. I worry about this a bit because her high blood pressure could be aggravated by reacting with anger to things people do that she has no control over.

That said, I responded with anger at not being able to control technology under my fingertips. So in the end I need to evaluate whether the anger response is something I enter mindlessly and see if being mindful can help to lessen the anger.
Even I pose with Bluebonnets
Yesterday we went out to the land, which threw off my exercise regimen. I knew I would be doing a bit of garden work so I excused myself from Kettlebell training. I hoed, raked, trenched, and planted Black Eyed Peas, Green Beans, two types of cucumbers, and carrots. We also watered both the orchard and garden (170 Gallons worth) both with siphon and a new pump. Finally, we walked the trails in the woods. So I know I am not lacking exercise - to the point of feeling sore this morning.
 
Christian Embraces Prickly Pear Cactus (Dreaming of Melissa)
This morning I traded my Tuesday Kettlebell swings for the missed Monday strength session. I enjoyed the workout but it is hard to start a workout when taking vacation - daily routines get messed up and it's easy to make an excuse not to exercise when off routine.
Melissa and Christian Unite Over Thorny Patch

No comments:

Post a Comment